Sunday, April 12, 2009

Web quests

A web quest is a fun and interesting way for students to research new information and often includes a list of websites for students to use when conducting their research.
I will use web quests in my classroom in the following ways: since I will be teaching elementary students and be in charge of teaching all the subject areas, for any subject that requires a little more effort and thought, the ideal would be for the students to use a web quest.  This will encourage more independent and group study and show them that learning can be fun.  I will also use web quests to teach my students how to break down a great deal of information into smaller steps.
A pro of web quests are they are much more fun and interesting then worksheets or book reports and it encourages students to learn on their own or with partners.  This creates team work and frees up my time to work with those who may be struggling in a specific area.  The biggest con would be that web quests require a lot of work and effort and I am not sure how many I could use for each subject area but however, I would like to use web quests at least a few times each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment