Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ethics in Education

1). Ethics is the principles of what is right and wrong. It is a person's morals and his or her standards of conduct that he or she follows. Possessing ethics is important in any profession but it is extremely important in teaching for teachers affect the lives of numerous students and their fellow teachers.
2). Ethics will greatly affect how I teach my students. I have a strong sense of ethics and morals and without bringing religion into my classroom, I will make sure that my students know what is right and wrong and why something is a certain way. I will model for my students what I believe to be right so they can see a good example. I will follow what my school district tells me to do and go through the curriculum that they give me but after that is done, I will bring in activities and things that I believe is helpful for them to learn. Even though I can't bring up the subject of religion in my classroom or talk about God with my students, I can still pray for them and integrate my faith into how I teach.
3) A con of being concerned with ethics is a person can get so caught up with what is right and wrong and what is the moral thing to do that he or she may look down on those who mess up or who aren't on the same level of moral standards. A pro of ethics is when a teacher does have a strong sense of morality and can teach and relate that to his or her students, thus providing them with a good example to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment