Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Reflections on Using Technology in the Classroom

Now that I am finishing up my technology class at college since it is the end of the semester, I have learned ways to integrate technology in the classroom and how that might be done successfully.  I have been introduced to podcasting, Google Docs, Sites, and Calendar, and Delicious.  I have learned how to make a web quest and a teacher web page, how to make a rubric and a spreadsheet using Excel (though I am still horrible at that), how to create a scavenger hunt for my students, and what things to look for to make sure a website is credible and valid.  
I was very skeptical when I first started this class and thought that I would never use any of the things I was learning in my future classroom.  Though I will still not use everything I have learned in this class, there has been some things that have been helpful.  I am especially thankful that I have learned how to use Google Docs for that will be helpful for any documents or papers that I would like to share with my co-teachers.  I am still not sure how to design a web page but I am glad that I have been introduced to the basic concepts of it for I will have to create one when I become a teacher.  Also, I am glad that I have learned how to make a scavenger hunt and web quest for I know these will be helpful to interest my students in the material we are studying and they allow the students to take control of their own learning.  Technology is extremely important for all students to have a grasp of and I know now how to better integrate various sources of technology in my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment