Sunday, April 12, 2009

Teacher web pages

A teacher web page is a special document that allows teachers to keep in touch with parents and students regarding assigned homework and any special announcements.  It is usually linked to the school's website and it is up to the teacher on how often it is updated.  Usually, it has the school's and the teacher's contact information and it is related to the subject area(s) that the teacher is instructing in at the school.
I think that a teacher web page is a extremely helpful tool.  I will create one for my classroom that will include any current homework or projects that are due, newsletters, upcoming events and important dates, and my contact information so that my students may feel free to ask me any questions that they have outside of school.  I will also list current world events on my web page for I feel that it is important for my students to know what is going on in the world around them for they all have a part to play in it.
Pros of a teacher web page are:  It is easier to keep in touch with parents about events and reminders instead of having to call them, students can see the homework that is due if they were absent from class or just forgot it, and it would save on the use of paper.  Some cons would be:  Not all families have computers which would make it more difficult as they would not have access to my web page, students may not always check it things that may be coming up and may need reminders, and lastly, I believe that it would be hard to keep up as I am having difficultly creating my sample web page.  It would be worth it but not something that I am an expert at doing.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer - You might want to take a look at www.teacherweb.com. It offers a very easy-to-use and very inexpensive solution for teacher websites.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete